Employer ID Number (EIN)

To do business as an LLC or a corporation, you need a federal Employer ID Number (EIN) from the IRS—the business equivalent of an individual's Social Security number.

Tax ID Number (EIN) is Crucial for Taxes, Banking, and Payment

Without an EIN, your business simply can't get off the ground. It’s necessary to file federal tax returns and to receive a tax ID number from most states. Aside from taxes, you need an EIN to open a business banking account or credit card. And when it comes to invoicing, many companies won’t pay you without an EIN on file.

How can CT help me to obtain a Tax ID Number (EIN)?

CT knows exactly what’s required on the IRS form. Not only we ensure the accuracy of your application, we also work with the IRS to process your application quickly.

Contact Us

Have a specific question about a product? A CT Specialist will follow up with a custom quote along with a comprehensive assessment of your needs.

Your Business Deserves Premium:


Our experts pride themselves on delivering superior customer service and answering any questions you may have.


CT Registered Agents make sure all legal documents and state notices are delivered to you, securely and swiftly.


We work with you to help ensure your company stays compliant and in good standing.

Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) FAQs

How do I apply for an EIN?

You can apply online or using IRS Form SS-4 (“Application for Employer Identification Number”). Either way, you’ll need to supply information about your business, including your industry type and projected number of employees. CT can help you sort through the IRS lingo to make sure your application is accurate.

I don’t have employees. Do I need an EIN?

Yes. Much like a Social Security number, the government uses your EIN (also known as a federal business tax ID number) to identify your business. Every corporation needs for taxes, even if you don’t have employees. Additionally, banks, credit card companies, and vendors will likely demand your EIN before transactions.